Thursday, December 01, 2005

Can Paul Martin count?

Okay, I'm confused, please read and then answer this question:

If you reduce the GST (as the Conservatives are putting forward) you save money for ALL Canadians. If you reduce income tax for the middle class, you save money for only the middle class, so roughly 60% of Canadians.

So someone please tell me if the above is true, how can Paul Marin possibly claim that the Liberal plan of reducing income tax for the middle class will affect more Canadians?

I'm perplexed. Its simple math here, its basic addition. I mean, we all know elections are times for politicians to throw things at a wall and hope something sticks, but seriously, you can't just say whatever you want and then pretend it makes sense, can you?

1 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, December 09, 2005, Blogger Hasty said...

No, he can't count. But he also can't do a lot of things. Remember these (paraphrased) promises?
* If the democratic deficit is not fixed, my term as PM will be a failure
* if western alienation is not fixed, my term as PM will be a failure (paraphrase)
* if Quebec separatism is not fixed, my term as PM will be a failure (paraphrase)
* if our relationship with the US is not fixed, my term as PM will be a failure (paraphrase)
* I will fix health care for a generation

He's batting .000

Its embarrassing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home