Thursday, January 12, 2006

I'm fat AND ugly

  • The CBC ran an interesting story on why campaigns go negative. Very simply, it breaks down to a quote by longtime (I never heard of him) Liberal strategist Keith Davey who said "if the other guy says, 'You're fat', don't say, 'I'm not', say 'You're ugly.'" I assume that is where you would insert the laughs.

  • I also enjoy CBC's article on potential Cabinet Ministers in a Conservative Government. I noticed they didn't have a date on the article, which I find interesting because didn't we see this article last election? Remember the whole news story surrounding Harper and his transition team? And do we all remember what happened? Soon after, the Liberals went negative, health care became the major issue, and voila, another Liberal government. So lets not count our negative ads before they are released, if in some way that makes sense.

  • And finally, if you enjoy being dumbfounded as much as I do, you'll love this story. A Liberal candidate in Alberta, is ASHAMED of her party! In fact, she is soo ashamed, that she mentioned it at a school forum in front of kids! This follows another Liberal MP apologizing in Vancouver, and blaming the whole fiasco on an idiot. But who is the idiot? Didn't Paul Martin take responsibility for the adds? I think the biggest lie the Liberals have told so far in this campaign is where they say "we aren't making this up", I firmly disagree, I think its quite obvious that they have been making everything up as they go along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home