Thursday, October 13, 2005

Downtown conservatives? They exist?

I've seen the statistics, and I've heard the stories, and while not one to spread false rumours (or false hope) I'm of the opinion that not only do downtown conservative minded people exist, but they are a growing group.

"But then how come we don't see many urban downtown Conservative elected officials?" people ask. Great question. One that can't easily be answered, nor is it one where the answer is obvious, and once found will guarantee success for all Conservative hopefuls (my sincere apologies if you fall under that category, for now anyway!)

I believe the answer is found with every person who lives downtown and firmly believes in the basic personal principles of less government, lower taxes, and human freedoms.

Of course, if we have some fun on the way to personal downtown conservative enlightenment, then that will be just jim dandy too right?

1 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, October 20, 2005, Blogger Hasty said...

Count me in!
I am conservative, and I work and live in Edmonton's downtown. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home